YOUR JOURNEYSTARTS HERE
Do you have an interest in Technology?
Are you looking to start a career in IT?
Are you looking for a role where you will gain an industry standard Apprenticeship?
If so, we are looking for an IT Apprentice to join our Network Operations Centre, where no two days will be the same, you will be exposed to a vast range of technologies on a daily basis and work with clients across a large variety of sectors.
As an IT Apprentice, you will form part of our busy Network Operations Centre and will be responsible for supporting our customers IT networks.
Full training will be provided, as well as having structured learning objectives.
Upon successful completion of the IT Apprentice scheme, you will gain an industry standard certification and will be offered a full time position within our internal IT Support Team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide 1st line support to clients – via telephone, email and remote working
- Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned within agreed SLA’s
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed
- Help to develop guides to support with training
- Take on additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
- Maintain excellent relations with the customer and other resolver groups
- Guide and aid effective incident resolutions and maintain a knowledge base of known errors and resolutions.
You will be passionate about IT and will be looking to progress your career within a leading IT company. Upon successful completion of your Apprenticeship, Commercial will continue to invest in your training, personal development and support your growth within the Company.
- You will have achieved 5 GCSE’s at grade C/4 or above
- Have the ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- You will have an excellent telephone manner & customer service skills
- A good understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e. Office 2016, Windows 10.
- Demonstrate sound organisational skills is key for this role to allow you to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- The ability to communicate information to end users with a genuine desire to assist the customer with their resolution
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and progress
- Motivation to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment
We are proud to be a successful, purpose-driven organisation that is on an exciting journey to achieve an annual turnover of £100m by 2025.
We are a Business Services Group made up eight divisions; Office Supplies, Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Smart Technologies, Technology, Interiors, Commercial Foundation and PPE, Facilities and Workwear.
We invest in our people so they are experts in their field, excel within their environment and continue on a journey of growth and development, personalised to them.
We are #commercialbynature.
We commit to ensuring all of our employees feel truly valued and appreciated for the work that they do, every day. As a member of the Commercial tribe, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of up to £12,500; increasing to National Living Wage following the successful completion of your Apprenticeship
- Annual bonus scheme of £1000 per annum, paid quarterly upon successful achievement of KPI’s
- You will receive training and funding towards achieving your Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, which increases with length of service
- Life Insurance that offers a payment equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme and wellbeing support including a 24-hour GP service and physiotherapy
- Other benefits such as charity volunteering opportunities, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working structure and more
Diversity & Inclusion
Together, we are committed to attracting, including, inspiring and developing our teams no matter their background, belief or way of life.
We embrace everyone’s unique perspectives and create a genuine belonging for all.
Our employees are who we are and create the brand we are today; we make better decisions and create a consumer-focused environment.
We welcome all applicants regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please visit our website for further information about us and to view our job applicant privacy notice.
Liddington Park, Old Station Drive,
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
1 Aintree Road,