YOUR JOURNEYSTARTS HERE
Product Manager (Purchasing Department)
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity and can see yourself working for an agile, diverse and ever-changing company, then the Product Manager role could be for you.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving Commercial Group’s product and supplier strategy to maximise revenue and profitability, including engaging with all sales channels within the Group.
You will successfully deliver upon the Purchasing teams Business Plan and act as the day to day contact for our office products suppliers ensuring the efficient management and performance of our supply chain.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Drive product strategy and sales campaigns
- Own and drive the Commercial sustainable own label proliferation #productswithpurpose
- Contribute to Group plans regarding product stocking strategy
- At every opportunity look to improve margin across Office Supplies through intelligent procurement and product selection
- Be part of the product selection team for physical and virtual product catalogues
- Carry out regular market testing and tenders to ensure we have the most competitive and best fit deals in place across the group and play an active part in delivering these tenders
- Actively seek new sources of supply and recommend any potential new vendors
- Ensure high levels of supplier engagement at our annual CSR days
- It would be desirable but not essential if you have previous experience within a Sales & Marketing role and/or a Purchasing Department
- You will be self-motivated, organised, hardworking and able to work autonomously
- Demonstrate effective communication skills across a variety of audiences; both written and verbal
- Have the ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills
- You will be consistent at delivering results to a high standard whilst meeting targets and deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages including Excel
We are proud to be a successful, purpose-driven organisation that is on an exciting journey to achieve an annual turnover of £100m by 2025.
We are a Business Services Group made up eight divisions; Office Supplies, Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Smart Technologies, Technology, Interiors, Commercial Foundation and PPE, Facilities and Workwear.
We invest in our people so they are experts in their field, excel within their environment and continue on a journey of growth and development, personalised to them.
We are #commercialbynature.
We commit to ensuring all of our employees feel truly valued and appreciated for the work that they do, every day. As a member of the Commercial tribe, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of up to £37,800 per annum
- Bonus scheme of £3000 per annum, paid quarterly
- We will offer training and funding towards achieving your CIPS apprenticeship qualification
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, which increases with length of service
- Life Insurance that offers a payment equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme and wellbeing support including a 24-hour GP service and physiotherapy
- Other benefits such as charity volunteering opportunities, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working structure and more
Diversity & Inclusion
Together, we are committed to attracting, including, inspiring and developing our teams no matter their background, belief or way of life.
We embrace everyone’s unique perspectives and create a genuine belonging for all.
Our employees are who we are and create the brand we are today; we make better decisions and create a consumer-focused environment.
We welcome all applicants regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please visit our website for further information about us and to view our job applicant privacy notice.
Liddington Park, Old Station Drive,
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
1 Aintree Road,