YOUR JOURNEYSTARTS HERE
1st Line Engineer (IT)
Are you technically minded and looking for a new role within IT?
If so, Commercial’s Network Operations Centre (NOC) is looking for a 1st Line Engineer to join the team as part of an ambitious growth plan.
As a 1st Line Engineer, you will be the first point of contact for customers raising support tickets, mainly via telephone or email. You will be responsible for monitoring and responding to tickets in the unassigned queue of our Helpdesk system within the Service Level Agreements. You will also provide support and administration for a variety of technologies.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To provide 1st / 2nd Line support to clients via phone, email and remote sessions as part of a shift rotation
- Maintain 1st line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
- Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned within SLA’s
- Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with new clients
- Flag high priority / urgent issues to the 1st & 2nd Line Team Leader
- Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
- Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
- Follow IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our policies
- Consult with 2nd line team as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
- Previous experience within an IT role, supporting existing desktop/server infrastructures
- You will have a keen interest and enthusiasm for technology
- Provide exceptional customer service - we pride ourselves on delivering first class service to our internal and external customers and creating ‘raving fans’
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with email filtering solutions, corporate wireless systems, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop and SAN storage technologies
It would also be beneficial if you have had exposure to the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Exchange and/or Microsoft Office 365
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
- TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
- Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / vRanger)
- Antivirus Software (Sophos)
We are proud to be a successful, purpose-driven organisation that is on an exciting journey to achieve an annual turnover of £100m by 2025.
We are a Business Services Group made up eight divisions; Office Supplies, Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Smart Technologies, Technology, Interiors, Commercial Foundation and PPE, Facilities and Workwear.
We invest in our people so they are experts in their field, excel within their environment and continue on a journey of growth and development, personalised to them.
We are #commercialbynature.
We commit to ensuring all of our employees feel truly valued and appreciated for the work that they do, every day. As a member of the Commercial tribe, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of up to £25,000 per annum
- Annual bonus scheme of £3000 per annum, paid quarterly
- Hybrid working structure with the flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, which increases with length of service
- Life Insurance that offers a payment equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme and wellbeing support including a 24-hour GP service and physiotherapy
- Other benefits such as charity volunteering opportunities, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working structure and more
Diversity & Inclusion
Together, we are committed to attracting, including, inspiring and developing our teams no matter their background, belief or way of life.
We embrace everyone’s unique perspectives and create a genuine belonging for all.
Our employees are who we are and create the brand we are today; we make better decisions and create a consumer-focused environment.
We welcome all applicants regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please visit our website for further information about us and to view our job applicant privacy notice.
Liddington Park, Old Station Drive,
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
1 Aintree Road,