YOUR JOURNEYSTARTS HERE
3rd Line IT Engineer
Are you technically minded and looking for a new opportunity within IT?
Commercial’s Managed IT Division is looking for a dynamic, dedicated and experienced IT professional to join the Network Operations Centre team.
As a 3rd Line Engineer you will be based within the Network Operations Centre, working with a diverse range of clients across a variety of sectors, troubleshooting some of the most interesting and intricate issues our clients face.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To maintain 3rd line support tickets correctly and keep the customer regularly updated with progress
- Work with the 3rd line team to resolve customer issues remotely via telephone, email and remote support sessions
- Act as a point of escalation for the 2nd line team as well as off-site support staff
- Work with off-site support staff to promote a seamless and collaborative support service
- Take ownership of the entire support process end to end and be the primary customer liaison for the issue
- Build excellent customer relationships and ensure service excellence is delivered at all times
- Work with third party vendors including Microsoft, Citrix and VMware until issue resolution
- Provide on-call services as part of a shift rotation pattern
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to build confidence and promote NOC services
- Handle difficult calls and resolve difficult customer situations through excellent communication and direct stakeholder engagement
A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with the technologies listed below, ideally with a Microsoft MCSA, Citrix CCA (or higher) and VMware VCP (or higher)
- VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- SAN Technologies
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019
- Exchange 2010, 2013, 2019, DAG and Hybird
- Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and Citrix Access Gateway / Netscaler
- Microsoft Hyper-V and failover clustering
- TCP/IP, VLAN, switching, routing and firewall configuration, VPNs and WAN environments
- Certificate Services / Certificate Authority
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Virtual server backup technologies such as Veeam
- Anti-virus technologies
It would also be beneficial but not essential to have experience of:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Intune and Autopilot
- Web and email security products
- Two-factor authentication
- Corporate wireless systems
- VMware Site Recovery Manager
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for technology
- You will have a solid technical background across a variety of disciplines so you can build exceptional professional relationships colleagues and clients alike
- Previously worked within a professional IT role
- Exceptional customer service skills - you will be a dedicated to delivering high quality service to both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to deliver out of hours, on-call services to customers as part of an ‘on-call rota'. A generous on-call retainer payment and overtime will be made for any out of hours, on-call service completed
We are proud to be a successful, purpose-driven organisation that is on an exciting journey to achieve an annual turnover of £100m by 2025.
We are a Business Services Group made up eight divisions; Office Supplies, Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Smart Technologies, Technology, Interiors, Commercial Foundation and PPE, Facilities and Workwear.
We invest in our people so they are experts in their field, excel within their environment and continue on a journey of growth and development, personalised to them.
We are #commercialbynature.
We commit to ensuring all of our employees feel truly valued and appreciated for the work that they do, every day. As a member of the Commercial tribe, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of up to £38,000 per annum
- A bonus scheme of £3000 per annum, paid quarterly upon achievement of your KPIs
- Hybrid working structure with the flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, which increases with length of service
- Life Insurance that offers a payment equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme and wellbeing support including a 24-hour GP service and physiotherapy
- Other benefits such as charity volunteering opportunities, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working structure and more
Diversity & Inclusion
Together, we are committed to attracting, including, inspiring and developing our teams no matter their background, belief or way of life.
We embrace everyone’s unique perspectives and create a genuine belonging for all.
Our employees are who we are and create the brand we are today; we make better decisions and create a consumer-focused environment.
We welcome all applicants regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please visit our website for further information about us and to view our job applicant privacy notice.
Liddington Park, Old Station Drive,
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
1 Aintree Road,