YOUR JOURNEYSTARTS HERE
IT Field Engineer
If you would like to join a growing organisation, and have experience within IT, this could be the role for you.
Commercial’s Network Operations Centre (NOC) is looking for an IT Field Engineer to join the team!
If you would like to be in a role where you will be exposed to a variety of technologies, no two days will be the same and have the opportunity to work with clients of all sizes across all sectors, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To ensure Field Engineer support tickets are updated and completed within the required SLA
- Perform scheduled contract visits at customer sites and complete relevant documentation
- Attend customer sites and troubleshoot IT issues which cannot be resolved remotely by the Network Operations Centre
- Provide holiday and sickness cover onsite at customer sites when required
- Install and configure new hardware and software at customer sites
- Build excellent relationships with key service stakeholders both internally and externally
- Identify areas to upsell products and services to existing customers
- Cover 1st, 2nd or 3rd Line support teams when required within the Network Operations Centre
You will have experience with:
- Windows Server (2012, 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019)
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, WDS and WSUS
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Basic TCP/IP, switching and routing configuration and installation
- Firewall and VPN configuration
- Corporate wireless systems
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
- Microsoft SCCM, InTune and AutoPilot
- VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- Exchange (2013, 2016) and Exchange Online
- Office 365 Technologies (Sharepoint, OneDrive etc)
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- SAN Technologies
- Proven experience of supporting existing desktop/server infrastructures as well as providing onsite services to customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent prioritisations skills
We are proud to be a successful, purpose-driven organisation that is on an exciting journey to achieve an annual turnover of £100m by 2025.
We are a Business Services Group made up eight divisions; Office Supplies, Managed IT, Managed Print Services, Smart Technologies, Technology, Interiors, Commercial Foundation and PPE, Facilities and Workwear.
We invest in our people so they are experts in their field, excel within their environment and continue on a journey of growth and development, personalised to them.
We are #commercialbynature.
We commit to ensuring all of our employees feel truly valued and appreciated for the work that they do, every day. As a member of the Commercial tribe, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of up £27,000 per annum
- Annual bonus of £3000 per annum paid quarterly upon successful achievement of KPIs
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, which increases with length of service
- Life Insurance that offers a payment equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Access to confidential support through our Employee Assistance programme and wellbeing support including a 24-hour GP service and physiotherapy
- Other benefits such as charity volunteering opportunities, pension, cycle to work scheme, flexible working structure and more
Diversity & Inclusion
Together, we are committed to attracting, including, inspiring and developing our teams no matter their background, belief or way of life.
We embrace everyone’s unique perspectives and create a genuine belonging for all.
Our employees are who we are and create the brand we are today; we make better decisions and create a consumer-focused environment.
We welcome all applicants regardless of your race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please visit our website for further information about us and to view our job applicant privacy notice.
- Due to the nature of our clients, enhanced DBS is essential
- Although most of our customers are within the South West, the successful candidate may need to travel further afield upon occasions
Liddington Park, Old Station Drive,
Leeds, West Yorkshire.
1 Aintree Road,